Introducing our San Francisco Community Manager, Ashley Hayes

Monday, June 27, 2011 | 3:03 PM

Labels: ,

Well hello, dahlings, pleasure to make your acquaintance! My name is Ashley Hayes, and I’m your San Francisco Community Manager for Google Places. As an SF bon vivant, I’ve spent the last five years in this ever-exciting city, exploring its many incredible restaurants, stores, bars, coffee shops and parks. San Francisco is such a unique beast, with neighborhoods ranging and changing every few blocks. How lucky we are to live in such a cosmopolitan, foodie-driven, intelligent and engaging community!

Me on the left, channeling my mother circa 1974
As you’ll soon find, my favorite things about San Francisco include the hot Indian summers, the numerous street fairs, Bay to Breakers, Dolores Park, Supperclub craziness, the burn of Lyon Steps, sailing to Sam’s, bountiful brunches and delicious dinners.

For the curious minds, I grew up in sunny San Diego, and eventually traded my waterpolo ball for books at UC Berkeley. I’m an active member of the Spinsters of San Francisco, Symphonix, Encore, Zoo II and the California Alumni Association, organizations that contribute to our local community in powerful ways. Some of my other passions include yoga, running, cooking, photography, reading and writing.

Previous to joining the Google team, I was the community manager for The Go Game, a team-building, interactive scavenger hunt for companies and private events. This position truly solidified my love for all things social media, events and San Francisco. Outside of Google, you can find me on Twitter at @asheshayes or on my About page.

That's me chilling at Dolores Park, one of my favorite SF places.
So let’s get this party started by sharing some of our SF favorites. Stumbled upon a secret staircase? Discovered a new hot dance spot? Like glitter, guilty pleasures and gouda? Let me know! And also check out my recommendations on Google Places. Here are some of my Best Evers:

  • Brunching at Balboa Cafe: I consider myself a professional bruncher, so it’s with good authority that I can recommend Balbs for a weekend brunch. Delicious mimosas, famous burgers — make sure to get it on a sourdough baguette! — and lovely staff make this a fantastic and classy weekend getaway. Other great brunch spots Lime, Zuni Cafe, Circa and Polkers.
  • Aha Yoga is one of my yoga faves in SF. Tucked above the trees on Union Street, this beautiful studio is usually at a tepid 85 degrees, Vinyasa-style. Specials include 10 classes for $10, a definite must try. Other wonderful workout spots: Dailey Method, Sheila Kelley’s S Factor, Yoga Tree and Urban Flow.
  • Dining at A16 is a perfect way to enjoy a date or a celebration with friends. With an extensive wine list and knowledgeable staff, this is a great restaurant to enjoy a night on the town. Fan favorites include the beretta, margarita pizza, marinara pasta and crisp caesar salad. Other amazing restaurants to sample: Pizzeria Delfina, Sausage Factory, Nopa, and Beretta.

Stay tuned to me on Twitter at @GoogleSF and on Facebook for details on upcoming Places events in San Francisco. I’ll be hosting happy hours and get-togethers in each neighborhood, so grab a friend, coworker or roomie and drop by!

Posted by Ashley Hayes, San Francisco community manager

1 comments:

Ana said...

Yay, Ash!! Looking forward to fun stuff from the community! :)