Introducing our Seattle community manager, Charles Koh

Monday, July 11, 2011 | 2:16 PM

Labels:

Hello, Seattle!

My name is Charles Koh, and I’m your new Seattle community manager for Google Places. That’s right, Google’s chosen Seattle as its next spot to spread the good word about Places. Seattle’s the natural next choice: From the classic Pike Place Market to the world's most extensive exhibition of memorabilia at EMP, this city holds a strong culture of music, food and technology.


As a food connoisseur and outdoor enthusiast, I’ve spent the past 20 plus years hunting down the best places to eat, travel and stay in Seattle. And for those of you who are new to Seattle, we’ve got you covered, since we’ll be using Google Places to help you find your next best recommendation.

That's me on top of Bandera Mountain.

A little more about me: After 12 years of playing golf in Seattle, I aimed to go pro on the PGA Tour, later playing on the collegiate team at Western Washington University. But that journey soon ended as I traded my clubs for a college degree. Besides golf, some of my other passions include entrepreneurism and community development. So soon after school, I started GOmixers, a young professional networking company, and EATBELLEVUE, a localized food blog in Downtown Bellevue. You can usually find me tweeting (@charleskoh) about the latest events around town, posting photos of my meals and masterminding something new for the future.


But enough about me! I’m excited to learn more about you (introduce yourself in the comments below!). I want to hear all about your favorite holes in the walls, coffee shops, lounges and all of the spots you go to for recreation in Seattle. And don’t forget to review all those awesome spots on Google Places, either via our desktop app or using our app for Android or iPhone.

I’d also love to meet you! Starting next week, I’ll be running a weekly “Catch the Community Manager” series. Just follow me on @GoogleSeattle and look for me to reveal a secret location in town where, if you find me, I’ll buy you a coffee. But come prepared with your list of favorite places and dishes -we’ve got a lot to discuss. And here’s one of my faves to get the discussion started: the classic Hawaiian dish Loco Moco at Ohana's in Belltown:


Hungry yet?

Stay tuned to me on Twitter at @GoogleSeattle for news on Google Places and upcoming events we’re planning to host around town. Rain or shine, let's explore the city together!

Posted by Charles Koh, Seattle community manager

5 comments:

Passive Recruiter said...

Well said, congratulations Charles!

Aglishka said...

Congratulations Charles!!!

Can't wait to hear more about the best places in Seattle for fun and adventures. Lived in Seattle for 12 years and every time I find a new place to eat or hang out I realize how little i really know about the City I live in :)

Looking forward to hear more!

Best of Luck !

Agi

Rathchovy said...

Congrats! I am super excited about all of the fun activities you will be hosting!

I also wanted to say that my favorite places to grab lunch in downtown are Market Fresh and City Soup. Yummy!!!!

~Chovy

Kinsey Street Online Marketing said...

Congrats Charles! Glad to see Google Places come to Seattle! Any plans for the East-side?

ddharris said...

Congrats Charles!
~ @ddharris