Introducing our London community manager, Sarah Drinkwater

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 | 6:07 AM

Labels:

Hi!

I’m Sarah Drinkwater, and I’m so chuffed to be joining the Google gang as community manager for Google Places in London. In the coming weeks, we’ll be welcoming Google Places to London by rating and reviewing our way around town, sharing top tips with friends and running fun, free local events. Follow me on @GoogleLondon for all the latest Google Places news and info.

Me on my friend's roof terrace. Hi!

Want to know more about me? I’ve been working as a community manager for the last 18 months, but before that, I was a vintage clothes buyer (I still can’t pass a charity shop without going in) and then a journalist for publications like The Guardian and Glamour. Along the way, I’ve interviewed Irish pop twins Jedward three times and picked up a Masters in Renaissance drama from UCL.

Some of the vintage goodies I've found at London markets!

As a country girl from Gloucestershire, I’ve wanted to move here ever since I worked out that London didn’t have hay bales, but did have pop stars. I even used to have a postcard of the city above my desk. It’s a thrilling place, a melting pot with plenty to offer everyone, from foodies to arty types, sports fans to fashionistas. Here are some of my favourites:

  • I love music and, whether I’m going there for the constant free instore gigs, excellent coffee, innovative collaborations (like their recent knitting workshops with haberdashers Prick Your Finger) or to add to my record collection, I head to Rough Trade East as often as I can. 
  • Liberty is London in a nutshell. A gorgeous but slightly wonky Tudor building right by Oxford Circus, this department store has everything from fancy clothes by independent designers to the best afternoon tea in town. 

At the Udderbelly launch on the Southbank last year with a couple of friends.


But enough about me — what places do you love? Tweet me at @GoogleLondon, tell me in the comments, or review them on Google Places. Can’t wait to meet you at one of our upcoming events!

Posted by Sarah Drinkwater, London community manager

0 comments: